The Fourth Degree is the highest and most prestigious degree within the Knights of Columbus. It is a group of outstanding Knights who are dedicated to the service of their Church, their country and our Order. These men are unified in the Fourth Degree to support religious, civic and charitable causes.
- Financially support causes addressing religious, civic and educational needs.
- Promote active support of the Refund Support Vocations Program (RSVP) and funds the Pro Deo and Pro Patria Scholarship Program.
- Provide honor guards for the Holy Father on his visits to the countries where the Order exists.
- Provide honor guards to local churches for special Masses and ceremonies.
And The Order...
- Sponsor programs that promote respect, knowledge and protection for national flags.
- Promote legislation to protect the flag as the symbol of the nation and its history.
- Present free flags to local churches, public and parochial schools, libraries, etc.
- Place the national flag at the graves of military veterans on certain holidays.
- Conduct "Get Out the Vote" awareness campaign to stress the importance of voting and assist in taking home-bound citizens to the polls.
- Promote programs that encourage love of country and support the application of Christian principles at all levels of government.
- Encourage active participation in programs for Church, country and the Order.
- Sponsor youth essay contests geared to patriotic themes.
- Organize and participate in parades and public events to mark patriotic holidays.
Are You Qualified?
- Participate at wakes and funerals; presents a "Resolution of Condolence" to the family of a deceased member.
- Sponsor a program to commemorate the death of a member by presenting a memorial chalice to a priest in need.
- Honor veterans by volunteering at veterans' hospitals, health care facilities and homes for the elderly.
- Conduct educational programs to enable its members to defend our faith and life in all its stages.
- Speak out against the culture of death, euthanasia and assisted suicide.
- Sponsor Columbian Squires Circles and scout troops.
To qualify for the Fourth Degree you must:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be a citizen of the country where you reside
- Be a Third Degree member in good standing with your council